Saturday, September 24, 2011

My roomie ask me today. Will you enjoy Europe more or USA more? I replied, perhaps Europe.

Well, I know I shouldn't be harbouring thoughts about not going to Sweden for exchange, or any other European countries, since I'm already in Canada. Ever since one month I left home, I still feel kind of weird of not having family members around to nag on me all the time. Even so, I think that, there is a difference in culture. However, it is still not too bad for me to adapt since every one here is friendly in the sense, too friendly that I feel I'm at home. But having the thought of USA being a kind of dangerous place, well I'm not sure if Europe had been better. But like what I told her, Europe is more of an ancient, sightseeing, place of rich history, in which I like more than what I am doing now. Playing and shopping. I seriously cannot understand why people travel just to shop. Well, I do agree that USA has really much shopping places and outlets. But, knowing what price for this coach bag is really that objective than knowing why this certain place come about? I seriously wonder about what I really want of this exchange program. Am I in the wrong place or what? No, I don't think so. Though Canada wasn't really in my mind that time when I choose to apply for instep. But I don't regret that choice because Canada is a nice place to live in, but not really a place I would come for travelling. And that, I could fund myself to go to Europe all I want in future. Is it the people around me? I wonder. Or is it my problem? But, take note, I don't come here just to shop and party.

People shouldn't judge, nor they should be narrow minded.

No comments: