Thursday, December 1, 2011

Wonderful trip to Ottawa, Montreal & Quebec

Oh yeah! I love it! Love the people I'm going with. I have been dying to go to these 3 places near Ontario. Finally, I make things happen! I found a trip by the school's travel cut to Montreal. And got the rest of the 4 to join. But before the trip, I was rushing so many assignments. Thankfully, I manage to finish all just before the trip, and caught some nap.

We left at 3, I was slightly late, shouldn't have made maggie mee. I was so excited! We took cab down to greyhound and caught the bus to toronto. Unfortunately, we were delayed in reaching Toronto, thus could only have 10 minutes to rush down to York Mills. Luckily, I have informed the agency that we will be late. The tour guide waited for us and phew! We are on the bus! Off to French Canada!

We first arrived at Ottawa after like 3 hours of bus ride. Actually the journey is quite fast, compared to normal greyhound. We went to the parliament building and byward market. Ghis and I went to museum of civilization to take a look. After that we took a tour around Ottawa and off to Montreal.

Montreal night is just similar to Toronto. We ate at a restaurant called Cafe Republique. And surprisingly I order a glass of Bailey's! The ambience was not bad though! Montreal is a place where you have to find the good things around. Next we went to Notre-Dame Church to see the lights show. It was quite nice. Then we walk back to our hotel and get some rest. Then we headed down to McGill University for a walk.

The next day, we went to eat Crepes for breakfast! Thanks Ghis for the idea! It was really good! Shared my portion with SL and I think it was great! Then the bus drove us to Quebec city. Old quebec was really really nice. It feels like as though I have stepped onto Europe. I had a great time walking along the streets and seeing almost every interesting shop. We ate great sandwich at a nice restaurant that the tour guide brought us to. We explored around the place and then a tour guide brought us around Old quebec and explaining the history of it. some parts are really really nice, and so wonderful at night. We went to an Italian restaurant for dinner. Soup, main course, drinks and desert. I thought it was quite worth it actually.

That night, I never thought I would talk so much to them, as much as I would talk to that 3 of them. I had a great time laughing, and talking rubbish. I think this was my best trip, surpassed Washington DC.

The next day, we went back to Montreal again, but this time round it was Old Montreal. IT was quite near to the downtown that we were two days back. Old montreal was really fun too. We ate poutine and lots of good stuff. Took a lot of good photos. Went around to many shops to look around. Then it was the bus journey back. Kinda fast, 3 days passed really fast. How I wished I could travel with them for a longer period of time. I really enjoyed this trip a lot. I guess it was my best trip ever during my 4 months, of course, with nice people. Thanks people for taking good care of me. I enjoyed the times with you guys! Especially SL, thanks so much for entertaining me and taking good care of me.

No comments: