Finally my BIG day is over. It lasts for 5 minutes or so. The previous candidate took around 15 to 20 minutes (whom I happen to know who is she later). I was very nervous right from the start I walk up to the interview centre. Looking at the security guard, emotion-less. My heart as though thumping out. And of course, my journey there was too long I expected. I waited for about 5 minutes for a bus ride to interchange, only one stop where there is 4 buses available. Then I waited for 5 minutes again for the train to JE, and then 6 minutes again for the train to Buona Vista. Luckily, I reached on the dot at 2pm.
I am clumsy enough to almost walk ahead to the TS booth. Haha... maybe I wanted TS so much last year. But it's okay, I am very very contented if I managed to pass today's interview. I passed my original documents to the two persons in charge, one guy must be a temp staff, the other was a lady, she looked friendly, they all look friendly. I sat there and look around me, feeling jitters all over me. Then I saw a familiar girl walking in, she talked to me and ask why am I here, I also talk to her, just find out that she is a temp staff working at MOE. Cool! I also wish I can work. I don't think she knows my name, and I don't know her name either. But I remembered her because she is Asta's friend from choir. The world is so small. At least, somebody there talks to me and relief my jitters for awhile. Both personels also smile smile that we happen to know each other. I wanted to visit the toilet but I am afraid that it will be my turn next. I sat there and wait and wait. The previous candidate walked into the room, I manage to peek-a-boo inside the room. I think it is not so stressful inside compared to what my friends and forum have been saying. A guy walked in and out, he looked approachable and fun, so I felt relieved. Then, I thought, I must rush to the toilet. And good enough, my turn was not here yet. I listen, look around me. Hmm... Then the previous candidate walked out, and then it's my turn! But before that, there was a guy bringing alot of barang barang, I think he just booked out or something. He sat beside, I feel like talking to somebody but aiya, nvm... then I heard the personnel told him that his interview was at 415pm, but it was around 2pm that time. Perhaps he couldn't listen properly at camp. I calmed myself down before entering the room. Quite small, with two female principals, both looked very friendly and nice, which boosts my confidence. And the fun guy was typing. I answered those questions calmly, though I prepared the day before but aiya... it's good to be natural. Why teaching? I explained my reasons, but I forget to add on something that I have forgetten. And then I somehow lead the interviewer asking me what my friend asked me yesterday, what are you going to do to motivate them? Actually all questions that I was asked, were based on my experiences as a relief teacher before. And how do I go about in teaching Math. From the start til the end, both principals thought that I taught at Hillgrove (the way they pronounced this name is nice). But I so call "interrupted" and said I did teaching at PJC. All of them chua tio, I was like... "hope I didn't do something wrong". I kept holding my files on my lap. Those questions were based on my experiences. So I just say whatever was my experience. However, I may not be convincing enough at times, like what my friend said, those can be very typical answer. But, I don't care, it's better to give my true experience rather than telling something that is politically convincing. Sometimes, I don't know what I'm saying. Well, my interviews were always like that. I just gave a smile and confidence and I carried on.
I was a little clumsy as I left the room when the interviewers kept looking at me. And also, the whole process was very fast. I can't really remember what was going on at the end. I only remembered the guy talked to me about my teaching subjects and my major. I replied, Okay, ya. And the end was thank you very much. I don't think they asked me to add on something and I have no questions for them too. Feel like asking about Econs again. But aiya, never mind, since I have already called them to ask for it last week.
I hope I didn't do any mistakes and leave a good impression on the interviewers. I was considered lucky enough to meet these two principals. I had a good time chatting with them because not at any moment I fluster, I continue talking til it's time to stop and move on to answer other questions. Most importantly, I did my best, my confident smile throughout the whole 5 minutes.
ARH! My mum just reminded me something about the Econs thing. I should have asked again about it during the interview. Hai... perhaps I'm too complacent or anything. I should have asked again to really clarify everything! One chance wasted... But never mind, I was quite clear about it when I ask the person in charge. Well, their answers should be the same even when I ask it again during the interview just now right?
I am clumsy enough to almost walk ahead to the TS booth. Haha... maybe I wanted TS so much last year. But it's okay, I am very very contented if I managed to pass today's interview. I passed my original documents to the two persons in charge, one guy must be a temp staff, the other was a lady, she looked friendly, they all look friendly. I sat there and look around me, feeling jitters all over me. Then I saw a familiar girl walking in, she talked to me and ask why am I here, I also talk to her, just find out that she is a temp staff working at MOE. Cool! I also wish I can work. I don't think she knows my name, and I don't know her name either. But I remembered her because she is Asta's friend from choir. The world is so small. At least, somebody there talks to me and relief my jitters for awhile. Both personels also smile smile that we happen to know each other. I wanted to visit the toilet but I am afraid that it will be my turn next. I sat there and wait and wait. The previous candidate walked into the room, I manage to peek-a-boo inside the room. I think it is not so stressful inside compared to what my friends and forum have been saying. A guy walked in and out, he looked approachable and fun, so I felt relieved. Then, I thought, I must rush to the toilet. And good enough, my turn was not here yet. I listen, look around me. Hmm... Then the previous candidate walked out, and then it's my turn! But before that, there was a guy bringing alot of barang barang, I think he just booked out or something. He sat beside, I feel like talking to somebody but aiya, nvm... then I heard the personnel told him that his interview was at 415pm, but it was around 2pm that time. Perhaps he couldn't listen properly at camp. I calmed myself down before entering the room. Quite small, with two female principals, both looked very friendly and nice, which boosts my confidence. And the fun guy was typing. I answered those questions calmly, though I prepared the day before but aiya... it's good to be natural. Why teaching? I explained my reasons, but I forget to add on something that I have forgetten. And then I somehow lead the interviewer asking me what my friend asked me yesterday, what are you going to do to motivate them? Actually all questions that I was asked, were based on my experiences as a relief teacher before. And how do I go about in teaching Math. From the start til the end, both principals thought that I taught at Hillgrove (the way they pronounced this name is nice). But I so call "interrupted" and said I did teaching at PJC. All of them chua tio, I was like... "hope I didn't do something wrong". I kept holding my files on my lap. Those questions were based on my experiences. So I just say whatever was my experience. However, I may not be convincing enough at times, like what my friend said, those can be very typical answer. But, I don't care, it's better to give my true experience rather than telling something that is politically convincing. Sometimes, I don't know what I'm saying. Well, my interviews were always like that. I just gave a smile and confidence and I carried on.
I was a little clumsy as I left the room when the interviewers kept looking at me. And also, the whole process was very fast. I can't really remember what was going on at the end. I only remembered the guy talked to me about my teaching subjects and my major. I replied, Okay, ya. And the end was thank you very much. I don't think they asked me to add on something and I have no questions for them too. Feel like asking about Econs again. But aiya, never mind, since I have already called them to ask for it last week.
I hope I didn't do any mistakes and leave a good impression on the interviewers. I was considered lucky enough to meet these two principals. I had a good time chatting with them because not at any moment I fluster, I continue talking til it's time to stop and move on to answer other questions. Most importantly, I did my best, my confident smile throughout the whole 5 minutes.
ARH! My mum just reminded me something about the Econs thing. I should have asked again about it during the interview. Hai... perhaps I'm too complacent or anything. I should have asked again to really clarify everything! One chance wasted... But never mind, I was quite clear about it when I ask the person in charge. Well, their answers should be the same even when I ask it again during the interview just now right?
No comments:
Post a Comment